Thursday, February 12, 2009

Snow Forecast Round-Up

9News: According to 9NEWS Meteorologist Ashton "Pees Sitting Down" Altieri, snow will develop along the Front Range late Thursday evening and could continue at times through the Friday morning commute. The Denver, Boulder and Aurora areas should see less than 1 inch of accumulation. Locationas farther to the north including Fort Collins, Loveland and Greeley will likely see a total of 2 to 5 inches of accumulation.

7News: More snow is likely to fall in the mountains, adding another possible 4-10 inches. A chance for a brief period of snow in the Denver Metro area will bring 1-2 inches of accumulation and 2-5 inches of snow is expected for the foothills north of Denver. The heaviest snow still looks to be over northeastern Colorado. Projected snow fall totals for the northeast corner of the state include 4-10 inches.

Fox31: Sunshine today . . . but clouds increase tonight as our next winter storm moves into the state. This storm will bring moderate to heavy snow to the mountains through Friday where another 4-8" will fall in areas north of I-70. Snow will eventually spread east onto the plains late tonight into Friday morning. The heaviest snowfall should be over the Northeastern plains (NE Weld, Morgan, Washington, Yuma, Logan Sedgwick & Phillips Counties) where 4-7" are possible, with a few locations getting into the 6-10" range in extreme NE Colorado and Nebraska. Expect a range of 1-3" well north of Denver into Fort Collins and Greeley. The snow potential for the rest of the Front Range & Denver area is much lower, with amounts up to 1" by midday Friday. - Chris "The Pasty Meteorologist" Dunn

News4: Northeastern Colorado is under a Winter Storm Warning from tonight until Friday afternoon. Cities like Ft. Morgan, Sterling, Yuma, Holyoke and Julesburg could see between 6-10 inches of snow. The closer you are to the line of Interstate 70 the less snow you will have. Cities like Limon can expect around 2-5 inches. In Denver, we will have up to 2 inches, but it will last into Fridday morning during the commute. Farther north toward Ft. Collins, expect 2-4 inches of snow. The foothills will get about 3-5 inches between 6,000 and 9,000 feet. - Stacey "Boom Boom" Donaldson Chance of snow showers late in the eveing . . . then snow showers likely after midnight. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Lows in the lower 20s. Southeast winds 10 to 20 mph becoming northeast winds 10 to 15 mph around midnight. Chance of snow 60 percent. Thursday night - Mostly cloudy and breezy with a bit of snow, accumulating a coating to an inch . . . Friday morning - A bit of snow in the morning, up to 1"; otherwise, mostly cloudy and breezy. Thursday night - Variable clouds with snow showers. Low 24F. S winds shifting to WNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent. About one inch of snow expected . . . Friday morning - Scattered snow showers during the morning. Then partly to mostly cloudy for the afternoon. High 33F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 30 percent.

All official and unofficial FKS weather spotters should be on the third highest alert level and can report their findings at their convenience.

No comments: