Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Measurable Gains?



Well that was fun, eh? It was kind of like a preseason game for the local meteorologists last night. It was an evening to dust off the winter weather prediction equipment (which doesn't exist) and practice their excited voices that are used exclusively during snowstorms or tornadoes. Actually, the weather teams at MyFox(13), News4 and Channel 7 were pretty calm and kept things in perspective. It was only Kathy and her ornery squad of weather folk down at 9News who got themselves whipped into a frenzy for the first "measurable snow" of the year. Per usual, they were off the mark. It certainly snowed . . . I saw mighty bursts of the white stuff while cutting through the city on I-25 at about 11:00PM - but that shit didn't stick. I'd be hard pressed to even call it a "trace."

But I won't bust their chops too much so early in the game. There will be plenty of time for that as snow season progresses. And I'll give everybody credit for nailing the mountain forecast. It would appear, by carefully studying various cameras in the high country, that between 1-4 inches fell. I'm working on a resource for official measurements all around the state, but until the volunteers start pouring in, I'm going to have to eyeball it. But don't worry . . . I wear contacts.

No comments: